When you come from my family your a home chef and Keto Recipes is just up my alley. Today I made a Stew that is teaming with the good fat that your keto diet needs to thrive. besides that it tastes incredible.
This is a braising dish so prep time is about 2 to 21/2 hours, but its worth it. Consequently; Itook some pics and made a video to help you visualize this dish. When I make it, normally I make enough for 3 to four meals.
I’ve made this dish several times and and its a hit every time. the recipe was developed by yours truly, its not something I rehashed from the web. Keto recipes that achieve their purpose is serious business for me.
Most times when I make this dish I 3x the recipe, (notice the size of my pot).
Chili Rib Stew Ingredients: Keto Recipes
- 1 package beef short ribs
- 1/4 cut olive oil
- Button Mushrooms 1 package
- 1 cup celery 1 cup baby carrots 1 large onion
- large Jalapeno 1 or maybe 2 if your from Texas like me
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 3-5 tomatoes
- One large bell pepper or poblano pepper
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce (the good stuff…not store brand)
- 3 cloves garlic 1 to1&1/2 tablespoons chili powder 1 to1&1/2 table spoon cumin 1 teaspoon course black pepper Salt to taste (the cumin and chili powder are key to this recipe)
Keto Recipes-Chili Rib Stew
Preparation: Chop onion, tomatoes, peppers and celery in large chunks, use the mushrooms and carrots whole
- Crush and mince garlic cloves and set aside.
- Season the short ribs with black pepper and salt.
- Preheat large stock pot or cast iron pot with the olive oil.
- Sear seasoned ribs on all sides.
- Quickly brown garlic in the pot, but don’t let it burn before you add the liquid ingredients.
- Cover short ribs with liquid ingredients and let simmer for 30 minutes on medium/low covered.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and seasonings.
- Simmer covered on stove-top at medium /low until the short rib bones start separating 25-40%-fork tender.
- Dont let it get dry, the idea is to keep the liquid just below the top of the ingredients. This stuff is like gravy from the Gods.
- The pot will have some fats from the ribs, I dont remove it, because a keto foods diet needs the fat to burn, but you can skim it off if you prefer.
Your stew will exude a semi sweet and smoky flavor derived from the tomatoes and chilies.
Serve with keto bread and your favs beverage.
This is a great dish to share with friends and family, please comment and tell me the result when you try this or other favorite keto foods recipes.
Tell me what you think
I hope you try it and enjoy.
Need a Keto Recipes Cookbook: Im offering a free premium Keto Recipes Cookbook to my subscribers.
George Edmonson Fatfitnessplan.com
ps: the day I’m writing this post I’m down 31 pounds on keto.